Happy New Year Fashionistas it’s been a while but if you keep up with me on the gram then you know I’ve been quite active on that end.
I’ve been focusing on ways to improve the blog, and continue to grow it into something I’m 100% proud of. With that being said, I’m a very visual person, so the photography has been my primary focus. When I first started the blo,g I was having my sister take my pictures on my camera phone (whomp whomp). Although that may work in some situations, I was really seeking a better opportunity for my blog.
I was so excited when I finally found my photographer! Honestly, I’m so surprised it’s been going so well. Leading up to my first shoot I was a nervous wreck. I didn’t know what to expect, and how comfortable I would feel with my photographer ( b/c i can be so darn shy). I thought i was going to crash and burn! But I’ll be real, my emotions got the best of me. So now with three photo shoots down, I’m ready to share some of my do’s and don’ts when preparing for a successful shoot!
1. Prepare looks a week in advance to leave room for possible changes- a clothing rack is the best way to look at your outfits
2. Try every look on to make sure all kinks are worked out
3. Bring full length mirror to shoot- so everything is flawless and you get quality shots
4. If you are getting makeup done, give yourself a few hours before the shoot
5. Practice poses and look through magazines for different ideas
*** BONUS – Bring a water and a small snack because with all of the prep you may forget to eat
1. Over pack, you want to stay focused on the looks you want shot for the day
2. Forget to iron/steam all garments
3. Overthink it b/c it will show through your pictures
4. Fully take control you hired a photographer for a reason let him/her do their job
5. Forget to bring some comfy clothes/shoes to change into after the shoot (trust me on this one)
I hope this helps someone to have a great first shoot! At the end of the day have fun!! If you have any questions shoot me a message I’d be happy to help ❤️
*pictures shown throughout the post are from my first shoot from the blog 🙂